Resources for Human Dignity and the Migration Crisis at the U.S. Southern Border
April 24, 2023
These resources come from the participants in the April 24, 2023 Latino Leaders Gathering on Human Dignity and the Crisis of Migration at the U.S. Southern Border.
View a copy of Ligia Gomez's remarks translated into English.
- Biden rolled out tougher asylum rules. Advocates say it's a betrayal of his promises (NPR)
- Bishop Seitz on Biden’s new asylum policy: Death cannot be the cost of our immigration laws (America)
- CBP One app becomes main portal to U.S. asylum system under Biden border strategy (CBS News)
- Editorial: Biden needs to keep promises on humane immigration policies (National Catholic Reporter)
- Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas won't call immigration at southern border a crisis (CBS News)
- Racine announces $150,000 in grant awards to groups aiding bused migrants (Washington Post)
- The Disillusionment of a Young Biden Official (The New Yorker)
- Night will be No More: Pastoral Letter to the People of God in the Diocese of El Paso
- Sorrow and Mourning Flee Away: Pastoral Letter on Migration to the People of God in the Diocese of El Paso
- Ayuda Condemns Biden Administration’s New Asylum Ban
- U.S. Bishops’ Migration Chairman Dismayed by Continued Reliance on Harmful Policies Over Humane Solutions